Re: Deadly OPTIMIZER_SECURE_VIEW_MERGING=TRUE

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:34:57 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 4, 1:10 pm, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 4:00 pm, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Nuno has talked a lot about this both on cdos and in his blog ... not
> > > hard to find those is it?
>
> > > As I remember it the problems start popping up under load and when the
> > > "owner.table_name" or "owner.view_name" isn't completely specified
> > > ( ie the "owner." part ommitted ).
>
> > > Maybe I don't have a good understanding of it though so check out what
> > > Nuno has written ( isn't it dbas-r-us for his blog or similar ).
>
> > I just spent about 20 minutes trying to sift through the blog, ( it is
> > hell trying to find anything on a blog unless you know the approximate
> > timeline ) and did a google search for cdos ( which just gets me debt
> > consolidation sites ). anyway I could get a link or unabreviated name
>
> Sorry, I meant to *ask* if * I could * get a link. working on 4 hours
> sleep and a sinus infection that is making me quite groggy

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/84db8cf221d5781/eed68bf53ca0f7b6?lnk=st&q=author%3Anetcomrade&rnum=34#eed68bf53ca0f7b6

You can get there by following links found with the following Google Groups search:
wrong schema author:noons

bug 5458753 refers to similar bugs on other platforms and versions.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"It's government-mandated collusion." - Bert Ely, banking consultant,