Re: Tablespace problems?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:54:52 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 3, 9:23 am, Peter Teoh <htmldevelo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> SQL> create table ii (db integer);
> create table ii (db integer)
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

00604, 00000, "error occurred at recursive SQL level %s" // *Cause: An error occurred while processing a recursive SQL statement

//         (a statement applying to internal dictionary tables).
// *Action: If the situation described in the next error on the stack
//         can be corrected, do so; otherwise contact Oracle Support.
/

> ORA-01741: illegal zero-length identifier

Error: ORA 1741
Text: illegal zero-length identifier

Cause: An attempt was made to use two double quotes ("") as an identifier.

        An identifier must be at least one character long. Action: Insert at least one character between the double quotes in the

        identifier.
        If a blank identifier is required, specify a blank space
between the
        double quotes (" ").

> It only happens after I had insert millions of record into the
> database.

Any particular table? Any particular tablespace? Any actual details on this so we know what you're doing?

> And one datafile reached its brim (2GB), so I added another datafile
> to the tablespace (2GB).

Which tablespace??? I certainly hope it wasn't the SYSTEM tablespace.

> This is 10gR2 on FC6, running volume manager. This is the first
> time it happened, why? And it remained the same after system/
> database reboot.

10gR2 means what, exactly? Report all four numbers, not the marketing label for the database you're using.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Dec 03 2007 - 09:54:52 CST