Re: dbca hangs - Oracle 10gR2 RAC, Solaris 10, NetApp NFS

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 07:12:30 GMT

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:29:53 -0800 (PST), Yonah Russ <yonah.russ_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have RAC installed on 2 T2000 machines.
>Solaris 10, patched
>IPMP for failover on all interfaces
>NetApp NFS for datafile,voting disk, etc.
>Oracle installation, binaries, etc. are on local disks.
>All configurations were according to Oracle/NetApp docs.
>There were no issues during installation.
>
>When we try to create the db using dbca, the process hangs during data
>dictionary creation.
>There is only one error message "Warning: aiowait timed out x times"
>All the NFS partitions are mounted forcedirectio, and we have tried
>with aio disabled in oracle.
>We have also tried without forcedirectio, with nointr instead of intr.
>If we create a db on the local disks there is no issue.
>There are no problems using the NFS shares in general.

Get their 'fibre' module.
But NetApp is the biggest POS 'enterprise' array i ever dealt with. Slow as a floppy, and NetApp's reply is 'your fine', even though my PC performs better, and it doesn't cost 100K

We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc) remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Nov 22 2007 - 01:12:30 CST