Re: Triggers in package

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:37:39 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 18, 3:46 pm, "shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> "Maxim Demenko" <mdeme..._at_gmail.com> schreef in berichtnews:4740A02C.7060403_at_gmail.com...
>
> > GeezerButler schrieb:
> >> Hi, I am totally new to Oracle so beware of stupidity :)
>
> >> Can triggers be defined inside a package?
>
> > No triggers can't be defined inside a package.
> > There is a very good source regarding triggers, packages and similar
> > things
> >http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14261/toc.htm
>
> > Best regards
>
> > Maxim
>
> But: triggers can call code in packages. Which has the advantage they're
> compiled in stead of interpreted.
>
> Shakespeare

I believe that triggers are now compiled. Probably stating with 8.1.

If the trigger appears in dba_source it has been compiled. If the trigger can be quried only from dba_triggers and not from dba_soruce then it has not been re-created (compiled) since the change and is still being interpreted.

The alter trigger x compile command will not result in the trigger becoming "compiled". You have to recreate it via create or replace trigger x.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sun Nov 18 2007 - 18:37:39 CST