Re: Shrink the datafile of a Temporary Tablespace

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 02:49:13 -0800

On 9 Nov, 09:56, Kurt-Erich.Fin..._at_hte-company.de wrote: [deletia]
> >ALTER DATABASE drop TABLESPACE TEMP including contents
>
> here I get : ORA-01900: LOGFILE keyword expected
>
> What does that mean? I searched metalink and the internet but did not
> find any useful explanation.
>
> regards
>
> Kurt-Erich

The incorrect syntax you're using is making Oracle assume you're trying to drop a redo log. The correct syntax to drop a tablespace, whether temporary or otherwise, is:

SQL> select tablespace_name from dba_temp_files;

TABLESPACE_NAME

TEMP
TEMP_TMP SQL> drop tablespace temp_tmp;

Tablespace dropped.

SQL> HTH -g Received on Fri Nov 09 2007 - 04:49:13 CST