Shrink the datafile of a Temporary Tablespace

From: <Kurt-Erich.Finger_at_hte-company.de>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 01:56:00 -0800

Oracle Standard Edition 10.2 on Debian

Hello,
some sorting etc was done on our database cause the temp tablespace to increase dramtically.
Since we do a cold backup frequently the large temp datafile causes some trouble.
In the past I shrank the temp tablespace by creating a new temp tablespace and setting it as the default tablespace. Then I dropped the old tablespace and deleted the datafile.

>CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMPnew TEMPFILE 'tempnew.dbf' SIZE 20M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1M MAXSIZE UNLIMITED
>ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMPnew

>ALTER DATABASE drop TABLESPACE TEMP including contents
here I get : ORA-01900: LOGFILE keyword expected

What does that mean? I searched metalink and the internet but did not find any useful explanation.

regards

Kurt-Erich Received on Fri Nov 09 2007 - 03:56:00 CST