Oracle OUT Parameters

From: <mtek_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 05:51:45 -0800

Hello Everyone,

We are running Oracle 8.1.7. I have a package procedure which has some OUT parameters. The procedure however is not working. After a very detailed investigation, bringing the procedure through a debugger, I found the problem.

One of the parameters that is being passed back to the calling application, which is a PHP script, is more than 1000 characters long. The OUT parameter is defined as a VARCHAR2. However, only 200 characters are being returned. When I move my mouse over that variable in the debugger, it shows VARCHAR2(200).

I was under the impression that the limitation of the OUT parameter was somewhere in the 32,000 range.

Does anyone know why it would limit to 200 characters? It is very frustrating.

John Received on Tue Nov 06 2007 - 07:51:45 CST