Re: Writing a file on a client pc

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:15:13 -0700

On Oct 31, 3:28 am, Ringmeister84 <ringmeiste..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to write a file on a client pc via Oracle
> procedure; how can I do this?
>
> Now I'm trying with utl_file packaging, but it seems that it works
> only on server directories, any idea?

UTL_FILE works only for 'local' directories, those that the server can 'see'. Since you can't NFS mount a Windows drive to a UNIX server (not without special utilities) I'm afraid you cannot do what you want the way you're trying to implement it. Normally one would NFS mount a filesystem to the server running the database software and create a directory in the Oracle database using that NFS mount. At that point you could write to the remote server via UTL_FILE.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards!

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Oct 31 2007 - 07:15:13 CDT