Re: Help: database can not be see from DBCA

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:03:13 -0700

On Oct 31, 7:51 am, emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > The only bug I think here is your understanding of the word database.
> > It makes sense to add or remove instances (nodes). But remove a
> > database? What does that mean to you? If you go into SQL*Plus and type
> > DROP DATABASE what do you expect will happen?
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> Daniel,
>
> "$srvctl remove database -d dbname" does not physically drop the
> database. It only removes the entry of the database from OCR and CRS,
> and of course what ever registry DBCA is reading from. The database
> file, spfile,controlfile,redologfile are all intact.
> I can do
> $srvctl add database -d dbname -o ORACLE_HOME
> and everything is back on track, except DBCA is missing something
> here.
>
> Thanks

If you have a reproducible test case ( sorry kind of confused here since you posted something similar a couple of weeks ago ) that fails with current maintenance levels ( 10.2.0.3 for example or 9.2.0.8 ) then you should probably file a service request with oracle.

They can work at getting a bug filed as well as getting a documented workaround. That way the information can be made available to other people. Received on Wed Oct 31 2007 - 07:03:13 CDT