How to define variables for ROW update with ROWID

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:36:02 -0400

Assume there is a table defined roughly as:

TABLE

 column_1
 column_2
 column_3
 column_4
 column_5

I declare a cursor as below including a ROWID for use for later updating.

CURSOR cr_cursor
IS

  SELECT column_1,
         column_2,
         column_3,
         column_4,
         column_5,
         ROWID

    FROM table;

My question is, how do I define my variables to be able to do an update similar to the one below:

UPDATE table

   SET ROW = v_table
 WHERE ROWID = v_rowid;

Other than to define one variable with a record structure of the table AND the rowid and two more: a record of the table structure and a rowid record what else is possible? Received on Tue Oct 30 2007 - 19:36:02 CDT