Re: Linux on Sun-intel or Dell-intel?

From: <ivl5_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:49:13 -0700

On Oct 26, 1:30 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> I'm close to buying a laptop, curious about recommendations. I was
> going to go to Fry's to score those AMD-64's with a couple of gig for
> $500 they were advertising, but they were evacuated. Now I see
> recommendations of 3G minimum for Vista... I need more than one.

Depends on what you're going to do on your lappie. For the internet browsing and typing letters just about anything would do. Dell offers pretty good value for money and good quality in laptops. And you can configure your own one, with XP if you want it and (definitely) 3G. I would go Core2Duo, not AMD - Intel has a clear edge in mobile CPU's at the moment.

Igor