slow migration path

From: <codefragment_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:48:38 -0700

Hi
  I've written a relatively noddy dotnet program to migrate ms-sql databases to Oracle. It deals with autonumbers and guids.   It originally used datasets to get the data across, worked really well with tables with 1M rows :-) It now uses a datareader and writes to the database every 300 rows.
  It gets very slow over time, its now writing about 33 rows a second. The cpu and memory use of the app on the pc are very low. Oracle CPU use is about 7%. Once you rule out CPU/memory, network is irelevant, and nothing else is going on whats left? Any suggestions before I look into profiling?

ta Received on Fri Oct 26 2007 - 18:48:38 CDT