Re: Linux on Sun-intel or Dell-intel?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:49:43 -0700

On Oct 25, 10:30 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> I'm close to buying a laptop, curious about recommendations. I was
> going to go to Fry's to score those AMD-64's with a couple of gig for
> $500 they were advertising, but they were evacuated. Now I see
> recommendations of 3G minimum for Vista... I need more than one.

2 things.

  1. HP has a real nice box AMD 5600 with 3 gig of RAM for 680. It's a desktop not a laptop.
  2. Why VISTA ? Whatever you buy just re-install xp pro on top if you really need windows as native.

Not that I am a fan at all of running oracle in windows but complaining about DLL hell when there is a chance of biting the bullet and doing your own os maintenance if windows is involved? Why? Received on Fri Oct 26 2007 - 17:49:43 CDT