Re: ORA-00980, but object exists!

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:04:59 -0700

On Oct 26, 9:40 am, lord.zol..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 25, 9:56 am, epoko..._at_excite.com wrote:
>
> > Just a guess:
>
> > This could be due to privileges inherited from roles. If you don't
> > grant
> > privileges directly, stored procedures will not see referenced
> > objects
> > (roles are disabled for them unless they are authid current_user).
>
> > Make sure the owner of the program unit has directly-assigned
> > privileges (NOT via a role) on the synonym's target object.
>
> Problem was resolved. You were close, I think it was something to do
> with this as well as some sort of problem with some of the schemas
> that some of the users were in. There was also an application config
> problem that was certainly not making it easier to fix. I think in the
> end the DBA recreated all the objects and I reconfigured the app. Now
> things work. Not sure what the root cause was, but glad it's over.

Excellent explanation. So you don't know what the problem was .. but state that "You were close".
And I love the "there was SOME sort of problem with SOME of the schemas
that SOME of the users were in".

I need to use that wording more often to describe issues.

:)

Anurag Received on Fri Oct 26 2007 - 09:04:59 CDT