Re: HI friends

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:27:00 -0700

On Oct 23, 10:22 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:16:54 -0700, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I'm just curious: where did you get the idea it is ok to ask people
> >to send you the code? I ask because I see this a lot in various
> >places, but I don't know who is advocating posting in such a way.
> >Nothing against anyone from India, but it seems to always be from
> >there, and I can't help but get the feeling it must be considered
> >normal somewhere, somehow, perhaps in an IM world having to do with
> >technical schools?
>
> Just visit the forums hosted by Oracle, and you will see many posts
> starting with 'Urgent: ' , requesting people to do the OPs work for
> free.
> Then notice the location: Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, New
> Delhi.

I know. I'm just trying to understand where the expectation came from. I'm not above making fun of it:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2159751&#2159751

And obviously, just slapping them down as some in otn have done doesn't seem to put a dent in it. But maybe if we can examine the etiology, we can explain why not to do it, or at least understand it in terms other than they're a bunch of lazy kids, if there are such terms. I've worked with plenty of competent people from India, sharing code and techniques, they don't do it. What's the difference here, why do so many expect people to send code and brain dumps? Has IM and blogging created a subculture of ripoff artists who support this?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.knx1070.com/pages/43095.php?