How to activate a hyperthreading processor

From: Marc F. Neininger <doesnt.exist_at_champagnierle.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:50:51 +0200

Hello,

Is the number of CPUs determined and configured at boot time or at installation time?

I installed 10g EE on a Debian Linux system. During installation the distro kernel was not capable of hyperthreading but worked.

Now I changed the kernel to a custom built one which uses HT. My scripts do use both CPUS, the DBMS doesn't. The DMBS just switches from one to the second virtual CPU.

TIA Marc Received on Thu Oct 18 2007 - 07:50:51 CDT