Re: All Recent Backups Appear "EXPIRED" through RMAN

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanN05P4M_at_gmail.com.invalid>
Date: 17 Oct 2007 16:51:32 GMT

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:03:02 -0700, sillz wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean when you say that "BackupExec is not used
> directly as a media manager within RMAN."

Now that you have posted the backup job, it's clear that the RMAN media manager is actually the BackupExec agent. So you can forget my assumptions. ;)

It looks like the problem is really specific to BackupExec (software bug or configuration problem). Maybe you can check with your Backup administrator in which state the backup pieces are reported on the backup server.

I've never used the "send" command with Media Managers - the ones I used worked with parameters specified directly in the allocate/configure channel command.
A wild guess: the parameters sent to BackupExec during the backup might not be stored accurately in the repository. If this is the case, you could try the following job:

 RUN {
  ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch0

      TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
  SEND
'BSA_SERVICE_HOST=10.1.1.176,NBBSA_TOTAL_STREAMS=1,NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE= {E7A7213E-> A747-4AB9-B162-B7189B5CEB53},NBBSA_DB_DEVICE_NAME=Oracle-Win:: \\servername.mydomain.com\PROD';

crosscheck backup;

  RELEASE CHANNEL ch0;
  }

and see if it helps finding the pieces.

Jerome Received on Wed Oct 17 2007 - 11:51:32 CDT