Process Resource Manager (PRM) on HP UNIX

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:01:40 -0700

HP UNIX 11.11 or higher. Oracle 10.1 or higher.

My company will be consolidating many oracle database instances from different servers
into one large HP UNIX server. We are not allowed to use vPAR/NPAR. I want to use HP UNIX's Process Resource Manager to disttribure resources (CPU, memory, disk i/o bandwidth..); i.e, Oracle instance 1 (db1) cannot use more than 25% of CPU during peak times, so one or more instances do not hog all the resources.

I did not find any thing on metalink regarding PRM, but the tool appears very good because it lets one use as much resources one want if other instances are not using, however, if other instances need those resources, it will free them, so a instance can not use more than its assigned resources (e.g., 25% CPU) during peak time.

Does any one have experience using PRM, whether it has any side effects. Any pointers will be helpful. Received on Sat Oct 13 2007 - 14:01:40 CDT