Re: Archived Redo Logs Written After Creation of a Flash Recovery Area

From: <bfogarty_at_gaports.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:59:07 -0700

On Oct 11, 4:03 am, i..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 11, 8:11 am, bfoga..._at_gaports.com wrote:
>
> > Is it normal for these additional levels of subdirectories to be defined?
>
> Yes, it is normal.
>
> > Is it normal for the archived redo logs in these two destinations to have different file names?
>
> Yes, it is normal. Arch logs in FRA are Oracle-managed files hence
> log_archive_format doesn't apply to them.
>
> Regards,
> Igor
>

> > Thank you,
> > Bill- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Daniel and Igor. I looked at the information at www.psoug.org and believe it will be helpful. The simple answers that is normal for the additional subdirectories to be created and for the archived redo logs to have different names gets me past these questions and allows me to move forward. It would have been helpful if the Oracle documentation manuals described these things. Instead I was forced to figure out if I had made mistakes in the use of the flash recovery area parameters.

My next steps are to configure this database to use flashback database then to create a physical standby via Data Guard.

Thank you,
Bill Received on Thu Oct 11 2007 - 07:59:07 CDT