Re: 10.2.0.3 patch upgrade for AIX5L

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 10 Oct 2007 08:33:23 GMT

Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Has anyone been able top run this patch upgrade
> for AIX? Mine is hanging forever on CPU
> at the last stage, when it runs the Configuration Assistant
> with the Oneoff Patch Application in progress...

I have a hunch that this might be the problem described in Metalink Note 454671.1.
We have encountered that problem when applying patches by hand. Basically "opatch" is hanging with some patches on AIX because of an unidentified problem within Oracle's JDK. It works if you use a different JDK.

If this is really your problem, then you could proceed by skipping the Configuration Assistant and applying the patches by hand employing the workaround. The problem is to find out *which* patches the Configuration Assistant tries to apply and what else it does...

If you have a support contract with Oracle, I'd open a service request and point them to Note 454671.1

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Wed Oct 10 2007 - 03:33:23 CDT