Re: How many people here rebuid index regularly?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:37:36 +0100

Since no-one else has volunteered any suggestion, I'd be interested in seeing what results you get from the code at:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/index_efficiency.html

Picking just one potentially interesting index, as it does a fast full scan with aggregate of all entries.

Code changes needed:

    supply the index name in the 'select from user_objects'     (which may have to be dba_objects)

    Where I have 'column is not null' change the column     names (and add predicates if necessary) to cover the     columns in the chosen index.

A note of the number of leaf_blocks in the index (from dba_indexes/user_indexes) before and after would also be useful, and the block size.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com