Re: Performance Monitoring

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:29:13 -0700

On Sep 28, 9:53 am, Jerome Vitalis
<vitalismanN05..._at_gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:54:08 -0700, joel garry wrote:
>
> Well said Joel!
> But isn't there a typo in number 2?

What might that be? (It's hard to be more specific than what I wrote, given parallel and pga and LRU chains and what-all. But if I didn't say something correctly, let us know what you think, it may be enlightening for everyone. Examing V$BH for various configurations and table access can be informative, sometimes even surprising. The explanations Doug Burns and Jonathan Lewis, among others, have put out are very useful.).

The list was just off the top of my head. Sometimes that can be a great way to abstract a large subject, sometimes that can miss some biggies. The exact ordering could perhaps use some work, if framing is involved :-)

I can't disagree with hpuxrac's post, in any event. There's a difference between picking a good methodology and sticking to it, versus what one should do overall, but not an exclusive difference. A newbie should do both.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
The Cure!  http://stores.ebay.com/Universal-Music-Store