Re: Performance Monitoring

From: Stefan Wetter <swetter_at_arcor.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:44:24 +0200

Thank all of you. I do understand that i have to understand some basic things. My problem is, that i am no dba. I am software developer with some basic oracle-dba-knowledges. Now, one of our customers has a problem with his oracle database. And because i set it up und keep it running i am his contact if there are problems. And the Problem is, that the database is slow. Or, I should better say: is getting slow.

And i do understand that having data in memory is much faster than having data to be red from disk. And i do see, that we have much physical read and empty buffers. So, can someone please give me an advice how i can tell my server to have more data in memory?

And i see one more thing: There are about 15% unindexed queries. How can i find out which queries were maid that are unindexed?

Thank you very much in advance!!
Stefan Received on Fri Oct 05 2007 - 04:44:24 CDT