Re: recent drivel posted by Tony Rogerson on his blog

From: Barry Bulsara <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:34:29 -0700

On Oct 2, 4:53 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> it will never work. Anyone trying to use Oracle that doesn't understand
> rollback/undo segments is doomed. And you won't find them by looking up
> things you already know because they do not exist in any product derived
> from Ingres.

This argument is just not thought through Daniel. How do you know this doesn't exist in any product derived from Ingres. It doesn't now, but how about next year, or the one after. Versions of SQL Server, and Oracle, are being released all the time. The lineage of a product does not preclude rich functionality being added in latter versions.

Your argument is like saying that as our distant ancestors don't have an opposable thumbs, we can't and never can have as we have evolved from them.

Barry Received on Tue Oct 02 2007 - 14:34:29 CDT