Re: can OEM work with database running from ASM and using different port than 1521 for listener

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:55:53 -0700

On Oct 1, 1:16 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Environment is solaris 10 on sparc running 10.2.0.3.
>
> 1 database running from ASM instance using OEM database control not
> grid control. Listener using non default name running on port 1523.
>
> Database is running so it can communicate to ASM. OEM works for
> database and host.
>
> Clicking on the home page link to the ASM instance gives me a page
> where it says ASM is down ( well not exactly since the database is
> running eh ? ). Trying to configure or adminster ASM from OEM says
> gives "Database Error IO exception: The Network Adapter could not
> establish the connection".
>
> OEM pages when trying to connect into ASM instance shows a connect
> string of hostname:1521:+ASM ... I don't see anywhere to tell OEM that
> listener is not running on 1521 for hostname.
>
> Ideas anyone?

Maybe Note:427422.1 ? Not running it to try it myself, but it is inevitably those xml and properties files. That bit about needing to know who originally installed it seems like a beartrap to me, speaking as one who has walked into places where no one knows such things.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"This is the final reminder that your IOUG membership expired on