Re: Unexplainable: "Beautified" code runs slower

From: userjohn <userjohn_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:09:37 -0400

"Maxim Demenko"
> Yet one possibility - go to Debugger tab page, disable the "Add debug
> information when compiling" and recompile.

hey Maxim, I think you saved me from insanity !

I've been using PSD for 7 years and shame on me, never used the debugger so I'm clueless to the settings.

So yes, "Add debug information when compiling" was checked in my Preference.

So I uncheck the option - recompile the code, run it - WHOLEY COW ! it ran faster than it ever has !:

           Elapsed: 00:01:26.36

Seetting i the option BACK, recompile, run it - back to molassess :

           Elapsed: 00:27:56.12

and as I'm typing this.....unset the option, recompile, run it:

          Elapsed: 00:01:35.60

THANKS ! Received on Mon Oct 01 2007 - 16:09:37 CDT