Re: Import problems on Windows Server

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:56:00 +0100

You stated this...

"Care to remember how Microsofts ODBC driver for Oracle doesn't support any feature of Oracle beyond 7.3?"

Note the word "ANY" in your question.

Perhaps if I write in Dutch you will understand better as your English comprehension doesn't appear to be that good.

I found you the Microsoft KB article that gives you the information you wanted.

You stated MS ODBC didn't support ANY feature after 7.3, the KB article states otherwise - if you cannot accept that, it's not my problem, it's a fact there crystal clear on the MS website.

Then in another post you or Deniel Again Morgan stated Oracle have their own ODBC drivers - great, use them, they are probably better because they will no the hooks into Oracle better and so long as they follow the ODBC standard then everybody is happy.

For somebody so anti-Microsoft why are you so keen to use Microsoft ODBC drivers when your own vendor bed fellow has their own? Don't worry, an answer is not required.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson

[Ramblings from the field from a SQL consultant]
http://sqlserverfaq.com
[UK SQL User Community]