Re: recent drivel posted by Tony Rogerson on his blog

From: Barry Bulsara <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 02:50:14 -0700

On Sep 30, 6:09 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> Please look athttp://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson/archive/2007/08/23/oracle-...
>
> HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USEhttp://tahiti.oracle.com
>
> What a yoke Mr. Rogerson is, self-appointed 'expert'!
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

In my opinion, the Oracle documentation is second to none! The issue I have with it is that I can never find what I am after quickly - it is difficult to get relevant hits on tahiti or docs and the search hit ranking is often just plain weird. I have posted on this in this newsgroup previously. I personally resort to using Google to search the Oracle documentation, or PSOUG maintained by Daniel.

Where Oracle is deficient in its documentation is that it lacks the ability to add "Community Content" to the primary documentation, to extend, further explain, or correct issues that may have been overlooked. This is great functionality Microsoft have added to document many of their technologies online, eg. the SQL server documentation referenced by Tony Rogerson, and others, eg. .Net.

Barry Received on Sun Sep 30 2007 - 04:50:14 CDT