Re: Urgent!! Need help on AIX Migration

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:25:27 -0500

siva.thirumaiyan_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, I'm working on Oracle 8.1.7.4 database on AIX5.2 (32 bit).
> I am planning to upgrade the AIX version from 5.2 to 5.3.
>
> Could anyone provide me some information on the things I need to take
> care of at the Oracle database level during this OS Migration?
>
> Thanks in Advance!!

First...take a backup of your database and store that backup somewhere off the server. You might also want to take a backup of the other disks on the server too.

Next...after the OS upgrade, relink the Oracle executable. Normally, this is all that needs to be done with an OS upgrade.

HTH,Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net