Re: severely disappointed in Oracle Support

From: <epokopac_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:34:03 -0700

Agreed. Those were the days (the previous millenium).

What I meant by the "pays peanuts" was certainly NOT for support. It's pricey. My intent was more in the line of :

"Instead of paying United States-based Robert $60K per year, let's pay
"<insert-a-country>-based <difficult-to-understand-person>" $15K a
year. Never mind that Robert is the most knowledgeable person in the company for that product line. We'll just train "insert-a-country ..." to do the job instead. Think of the money we'll save, even after factoring in minimal training costs!"

Just venting my 2-cents worth.

Eugene (Oracle DBA - GSFA - Tucker, GA) Received on Wed Sep 19 2007 - 14:34:03 CDT