Re: oracle10g licensing

From: Juha Laiho <Juha.Laiho_at_iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:02:03 GMT

"rameshrajuv_at_gmail.com" <rameshrajuv_at_gmail.com> said:
>We have one application which has 2 users(A,B) created in our DB on
>solaris.
>Now the query is mainly related to licensing.
>How will oracle10g considers these users?

How many _persons_ will be accessing the data through those two database accounts (not simultaneous access, but overall)? That's the number of users you need to license for. And if the number of users is not determinable (f.ex. database backing a webshop application, thus database accessible for anyone on the Internet) or large enough, you'll licence by amount of CPUs installable on the mahcine.

More or less so; please see the licensing material on Oracle website, or alternatively contact your local Oracle sales rep.

--
Wolf  a.k.a.  Juha Laiho     Espoo, Finland