SYSTEM and SYSAUX Tablespace Opinions Requested

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:55:32 -0400

In the database I work on at work it appears that there are many user accounts which have been created with the system privilege UNLIMITED TABLESPACE. I brought this to the attention of my manager mentioning that no user account should have any tablespace quota in those two tablespaces. He had me write it up and then forwarded it to the off-site DBA to see what he thought of my suggestions.

On the off-chance (but still possible) that this DBA says that it's nothing to worry about what comments do any of you have on having user accounts that have quota in those two tables as well as some that have the SYSTEM tablespace as the default temporary tablespace.

Thanks. Received on Wed Sep 05 2007 - 17:55:32 CDT