Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:31:20 +0200

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:35:11 GMT, "Bob Jones" <email_at_me.not> wrote:

>> If he was interested in learning something, he'd have taken something
>> on board by now. At the very least, he would be *arguing* the point
>> with facts, logic, reason, instead of merely asserting things
>> oblivious to, or in blunt and un-addressed conflict with, the points
>> made by others. When something is so apparently a matter of blind
>> faith, there's no learning going on, and there's none going to go on.
>>

>This is a technical not a religious forum. I think that's where the problem
>is.

Exactly. You are subscribing to the myths promoted by Donald Burleson and his throng.

>> The thread is useful, nonetheless, for anyone that might come after. A
>> high BCHR can mean bad news; a low one good news. Contention will
>> "improve" the BCHR; improving your SQL so it does less work will
>> "worsen" it; 'everything else being equal' is a phrase devoid of any
>> meaning in this context... these are good things for others to absorb,
>> I think.
>>

>All of the sudden, we are debating "everything else being equal" now?
>
>> But "Mr Jones" is a lost cause, a closed mind and someone best left to
>> indulge in his own misconceptions as he pleases.
>>

>Your logic never seize to amaze me. Just the opposite of mine.

Actjually, you yet have to post the first *logical* argument here BCHR does mean anything.
But as you believe in the myths of Donald Burleson, which has been proven to be over and over and over wrong again, by various other people, I'm not holding my breath.
Hey, please tell me, you ARE not by any chance Donald Burleson, posting under a nick name?
The typical reply of DKB when he has been exposed as posting incorrect theories, is flames.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA