Re: Oracle RAC and mixed server systems?

From: Marc Bruinsma <marc.bruinsma_at_chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:28:02 +0200

<posted & mailed>

Rob Turk wrote:

> "HansF" <fuzzy.greybeard_at_gmail.com> wrote in message

>> On Aug 25, 6:25 am, "Rob Turk" <wipe_this_r.t..._at_rtist.nl> wrote:
>>
>> RMAN to disk and other tool from disk to tape?
>>

> That may be an option, thanks Hans. I'll try to find out if there's enough
> disk space available for this.
>
> Rob

Rob,

If you do decide to make your RMAN backups to disk, it would be wise to do it to shared storage, accessible to all the nodes in your cluster, so you can do a backup/restore from any of the nodes (think of OCFS2/NFS/ASM/etc.)

Also don't forget that RMAN won't pass the file handles to the Media Manager catalog anymore, since you are bypassing the Media Management Library on the RAC nodes. This means that all the backupsets needed for a restore have to be available on the disk, before you start the restore.

Regards,
Marc Received on Tue Aug 28 2007 - 10:28:02 CDT