Automatic versioning of records to maintain a history

From: Matthew Williams <matthew.d.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:33:46 -0000

I'm working with Oracle 10g and need an instance where whenever a record is modified I can automatically store a copy of that record and assign it a version number. So at any given time I can see a history for that given record in the table.

I'm new to Oracle and I would like to avoid writing as much SQL as possible if there is some built in functionality of trigger to do this.

The front end of the tool is Oracle Forms.... If this were a Ruby on Rails app I could simply use acts_as_versioned on my model and wham, I'm all set!

Thanks! Received on Tue Aug 28 2007 - 10:33:46 CDT