Re: ora-00354

From: Faraz <sarfarazlatif_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:26:37 -0700

On Aug 27, 5:38 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:30:49 -0700, Faraz <sarfarazla..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
>
> >I have a produciton environment with data guard configuration which
> >for little while pops out ORA-00354 - corrupt redo log block.
> >upuntil today it was resolving itself with out any problems from the
> >multiplex copy. but today after the error thre is a redo log missing
> >on the dr system.
> >Does copying redo log to standby database archive destination manually
> >and try to resolve the gap in applied logs is a good idea??
>
> >thanks for the help
>
> IMO this is a rhetorical question.
> The obvious answer is NO.
> Especially as you state this is a *production* environment.
> *Manual* Dataguard (as you seem to discuss) on a *production*
> environment are two incompatible things, unless you have a trained
> monkey who for a few bananas ships your archives and applies them.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks Bakker,

Well NO part is obvious as you say. How about some insight to resolve the issue?
Although, moving log from production to standby database *MANUALLY* and then regestering it on standby database seems logical. - stop the recover process
-copy and regester the redo log manulay
start the redo apply. IT should apply the log and resolve the gap. in my openion it shold work but as i have this issue in production i was looking for your input / experties who possibly encountered this/ similar situation and resolved it.

again thanks for the post. Received on Tue Aug 28 2007 - 08:26:37 CDT