Re: Materialized Views

From: Scott Reynolds <tclaw420_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 23:55:08 -0500

"Scott Reynolds" <tclaw420_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:far0od$4dg$1_at_aioe.org...
> Hello everyone.
>
> I an a newcomer to the forums and have a quick question of which I've been
> unable to find the answer in the documentation or online.
>
> I am running Oracle 9i and wondered if there was a way to see the SQL
> select statement that comprises a particular materialized view? I have
> seen the DBA_MVIEW tables but I'm unsure as to how they relate to each
> other to create a SQL query to extract the information.
>
> Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Upon further inspection it seems that my query tool was clipping the "QUERY" column in the DBA_MVIEWS table so that it didn't seem like there was a complete query that composed the view.

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm glad I was able to figure it out myself. Received on Sat Aug 25 2007 - 23:55:08 CDT