Re: Oracle RAC and mixed server systems?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:28:32 -0700

On Aug 24, 2:09 pm, "Rob Turk" <wipe_this_r.t..._at_rtist.nl> wrote:
> "Robert Klemme" <shortcut..._at_googlemail.com> wrote in message

> >> No. All nodes must be the same o/s.
>
> >> No doubt you can find a work-around but if you do your support from
> >> Oracle will evaporate.
>
> > Rob, what exactly does your tool with the storage? Just curious.
>
> > Kind regards
>
> > robert
>
> It's a backup application. The vendor recently decided to drop support for
> their Oracle RMAN integration module on HP Itanium (lack of market
> penetration) and one of our clients has several of these running in
> production. Rather than force the client to go to another backup tool (lots
> of work with 150+ servers) I was looking for an alternative way to get to
> the Oracle data safely. Oracle RMAN on HP PA-Risc and Linux are still
> supported by the vendor.
>
> Rob

In the past, I've seen hp support vendors in areas that lack market penetration, I don't know what they do about Itanium these days, but perhaps mentioning these things to the vendor and hp might get around to the right people and fix the issue. Most vendors won't say "no" to their vendors paying for them to stay in a market. Just a thought, anyways.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Quit rubbing me with that stick.  Hey, what are you doing with that