Sub : Oracle doubts

From: <mplpost_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:14:39 -0700

I would like to know 2 things regarding oracle.

1)Does Oracle PL/SQL now support the returning of a recordset to the business tier by just using a single 'SELECT ColNameList FROM tablename', or still I have to use the cumbersome method of declaring a ref cursor etc.?

                  If it has not been implemented by Oracle, is there any particular reason as to not to implement this, I bet the reason would be to allow performance enhancements ,but wouldnt it be nice if Oracle provide both implementations and then give a statuatory warning or so.

                2)Is there any GUI tool(similar to SQL Server Profiler) provided by Oracle other than 3rd party tools? I specify that its a GUI tool.

Thanks,
MPL Received on Fri Aug 17 2007 - 01:14:39 CDT