Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:22:15 +0200

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 01:59:52 GMT, "Bob Jones" <email_at_me.not> wrote:

>>>Alone, yea, but they can sometimes be an indicator that an instance
>>>needs attention.
>> Do you really think so? Yesterday I had a customer spouting flames
>> because of a RAC database coming down to a crawl due to buffer busy
>> waits in conjunction with both instances updating the same table over
>> and over again.
>> Nothing to be seen from the BCHR.
>>
>> But then of course BCHR is a MIPS (Meaningless Indicator of the
>> Performance of the System).
>> Savy professionals (a favorite phrase of Don) know better.
>>

>That is a common mistake of "savy professionals" - overlooking the basics
>and thinking they know better.

Assuming you are such a 'savy professional' 'Mr' Jones, why didn't you notice throwing memory at the problem doesn't help? On another note: If you think *you* know better, why don't you contribute a *working* example of the Burleson strategy? You have a track record of lurking and only chiming in when you can flame someone with the drivel like you posted above. I recall your flame wars with Daniel Morgan, which only served to establish *you* are NOT a 'savy professional' but just some *arrogant idiot* (of which we have already way too many here).

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA