Re: RMAN Duplicate DB

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 00:33:53 -0700

On 7 août, 18:50, rajesh_chopr..._at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> I want to be able to test my backup by creating a duplicate database
> on the same server.

Good idea! Or run "restore validate database" on the primary database. It does not validate the archived log backups though.

> My question is do I have to create a password file to perform this?

Yes, for the auxiliary database, because you'll need to access it through SQL*Net as sysdba.
It may also depend on your OS and Oracle versions which you haven't given here.

> Can I not login using the oracle account "/"

Not for the auxiliary instance.

> if so how to I specify
> the SID?

Follow the steps from the manual.
The auxiliary connexion will look like:
connect auxiliary sys/passwd_at_AUXIDB

Jerome Received on Wed Aug 08 2007 - 02:33:53 CDT