Re: EXP Parameters to take backup of 110 GB database

From: <hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 23:29:10 -0700

On Aug 6, 2:54 pm, Jitendra <jpsingh1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 2:13 pm, Jitendra <jpsingh1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > I have to take backup of 110GB Database. I have taken physical backup
> > on tape, now I want to take Logical backup of whole database.
>
> > What parameters should I use in EXP command (Using 9i Exp) ?
>
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Jitendra
>
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have successfully exported the database without any warnings.
> Dump file is 35 GB ......... :)

For future reference, here's the parameters I use to take a full export of an 80GB 10g database (and because it might have to be used with 9i instances, we use exp not export datapump)

exp sys/xxxx full=y file=expdb.dmp buffer=2000000000 compress=n log=exportdb.log direct=y

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Aug 06 2007 - 01:29:10 CDT