Re: Issues with moving database

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:09:58 -0700

On Aug 2, 4:45 pm, "L C" <lccro..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Using
> Oracle 9i
> Trying to move an entire database from a Windows 2K server to a Windows 2003
> server.
> The database will have the same SID on the new machine as the old.
> I can shut the old database down after hours if I have to.
> They are in the same network room so copying data from server to server is
> not an issue.
> Old database lives on C:\oracle... New location will be D:\oracle...
>
> My issue is I have setup OMS and keep getting a "failed" when I try to
> export the database. I can't find a log file to tell me what is going
> wrong.
> I have read the Import/Export pages but it doesn't really say what to do
> when it doesn't work.
>
> Can anyone point me in the correct direction or give me another option to
> move the database.
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Larry C

I don't know if there can be any issues, however you can simply copy datafiles,
create service with oradim
start database in nomount and set control_files parameter to where controlfiles are
moun database and rename datafiles;
open database
(see http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/msg/4968c21837159a56)

regards