Re: deleted undotbs01.dbf...

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:09:35 -0700

de12261 wrote:
> On 1 Ago, 22:23, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:

>> Are you seriously stating you can't be held responsible for screwing
>> up a database when there is no back up?
>> Evidently your customer will held you responsible and kick you out.
>> And rightly so.

> i do nothing of wrong, they deleted a file not me!!
> they asked me to recover data because oracle do not work anymore....
> in the first message I do not explain all because this is not the
> problem....
>
> bye

If your customer deleted the file then the smartest thing you can do is nothing. They are quite possibly unlicensed and you shouldn't be touching it.

Your statements in this thread have conflicted with themselves but the one thing that comes through loudly is that you are unqualified to be doing what you are attempting to do.

Anyone offering you advise would be well advised to remember you will likely do more harm than good.

So exactly why is it that neither you, nor your client whose database this is, can open an SR at metalink? I'd really love to hear you state the reason in public.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington