Re: 2 Tier Installation - Oracle 10g and EBS 12

From: John Kachurick <jokach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:45:31 -0400

Habib wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody know how I can do a 2 tier installation? I already have a
> 10g running on a machine. I want to install EBS on the 2nd machine but
> use the 10g database (running on machine #1) for storing data
> (including vision demo db). Unfortunately EBS installation does not
> give me this option. Can anybody help me please?
>
> Thanks,
> Habib

The Rapid Install Wizard for EBS should give you the option of where you want to install the database server and where you want to install the other nodes. All you should have to provide is the hostname, and then you can configure your different TOP's (ORA_TOP, APPL_TOP, COMMON_TOP, etc) on each server independently based on this option.

Check the rapid install wizard guide for more information.

HTH Received on Mon Jul 30 2007 - 07:45:31 CDT