This is a paid message! please ignore

From: <daoudamjad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:06:21 -0700

Dear Oracle Technologist:
If you work with Oracle PL/SQL, I would like to think that you have heard of the Oracle PL/SQL programming conferences I have helped organize over the last couple of years. If not...well, it's never too late! I organized the first back in November 2005 to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the publication of my first book, Oracle PL/SQL Programming. Roughly 175 Oracle technologists showed up for two intensive days of training and discussion-and came away incredibly enthused and asking for more. ODTUG agreed to take over organizing future OPP conferences, and at the end of February 2007, ODTUG held the second OPP conference in San Mateo. Over 280 people attended the conference and heard from top PL/SQL experts, including the Oracle PL/ SQL Product Manager (Bryn Llewellyn) and Development Manager (Christopher Racicot)-full report available here. It was so successful that ODTUG decided to organize two OPP conferences a year, so it is now time to let you know about OPP2007 East!

So on September 18 and 19, 2007, several hundred (hopefully close to four hundred) Oracle technologists will gather to satisfy our craving for and addiction to the PL/SQL language. Bryn Llewellyn and I will both offer keynotes; he will talk about Oracle Database 11g (you should actually be able to install and run it by then!) and I will take advantage of my captive audience to get you thinking about programming in PL/SQL in new and exciting ways. There. That leaves me with lots of flexibility, doesn't it?

And we (Bryn and I) are not all you get! Presentations by Paul Dorsey, Mary Gable, Ken Atkins, John Jeunnette, Ron Hardman, John Beresniewicz and more will pack your heads full of great info about XML programming, internet programming, globalization and localization in PL/SQL, dynamic SQL, collections....I could go on and on-or you check out the agenda. Oh, and if you are new to Oracle PL/SQL, we offer a full-day fundamentals track that is undoubtedly the best way to accelerate you past the "newbie" stage and right into the "I can do anything with PL/SQL" phase of life.

So if you are serious about PL/SQL and live within, say, 10,000 miles of Newark, you should definitely consider attending OPP2007 East. I look forward to seeing you there.

Warm Regards,

Steven Feuerstein Received on Tue Jul 24 2007 - 15:06:21 CDT