Re: Seeking understanding of my "gc cr multi block request" waits

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:21:47 -0700

Hasta wrote:
> In article <1184894319.716470_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>,
> damorgan_at_psoug.org says...

>> hpuxrac wrote:

>>> What he said.
>> Few people read Mogen's blog and know that connection and it is Mogen's
>> choice to use that self-deprecating humor. For you to do so is
>> disrespectful and an apology appropriate.
>>

> I respectfully disagree, Daniel.
>
> I learned the nickname "Moans Nogood" ways before "Mogens Norgaard"
> (and found the nick pretty funny, BTW, certainly not negative)
>
> A google search shows 754 hits for "Mogens Norgaard" and 920 hits
> for "Moans Nogood" - the later therefore seems to be his internet
> public identity.

I learned it years ago too. But there is a difference between me calling myself a moron and someone else doing it: Same rule applies here.

But equally important is the hypocrisy of someone getting their knickers in a twist when someone uses their proper legal first name "without permission" feeling it appropriate to be so familiar with someone he's most likely never met.

I've met Mogens several times at UKOUG and think he'd likely find this thread hilarious and not be at all upset. But given the history and the context it is offensive. Perhaps Mr. Hurley should not have been asked to be treated one way while feeling free to treat others in a different manner.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington