Re: Average SREADTIM and MREADTIM for SAN storage

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:24:12 -0000

On Jul 18, 11:36 am, peter.prav..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Runnning a system statistics on the oracle 10.2 RAC cluster with SAN
> storage gives me the results below. The block size is 8192 and the
> multiblock read count is 32 , what i would like to know is if
> sreadtime of 11 ms and mreadtim of 20 ms are acceptable numbers.
>
> Thanks
>
> PNAME PVAL1
> ------------------------------ ----------------------
> CPUSPEEDNW 1139.96075866579
> IOSEEKTIM 10
> IOTFRSPEED 4096
> SREADTIM 11.522
> MREADTIM 20.741
> CPUSPEED 1280
> MBRC 186
> MAXTHR 36916224
> SLAVETHR 676864
Saying you are running on SAN storage is pretty generic. How many spindles? What is the stripe size? How is it connected to each node?

I will say that we get 4-6ms for single block reads on an EMC DMX 2000, so your numbers look slow (on the surface).

Regards,

Steve Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 06:24:12 CDT