Re: Average SREADTIM and MREADTIM for SAN storage

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:30:24 -0700

On Jul 18, 8:36 am, peter.prav..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Runnning a system statistics on the oracle 10.2 RAC cluster with SAN
> storage gives me the results below. The block size is 8192 and the
> multiblock read count is 32 , what i would like to know is if
> sreadtime of 11 ms and mreadtim of 20 ms are acceptable numbers.
>
> Thanks
>
> PNAME PVAL1
> ------------------------------ ----------------------
> CPUSPEEDNW 1139.96075866579
> IOSEEKTIM 10
> IOTFRSPEED 4096
> SREADTIM 11.522
> MREADTIM 20.741
> CPUSPEED 1280
> MBRC 186
> MAXTHR 36916224
> SLAVETHR 676864
Seems slow to me, see http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2007/03/20/san-array-cache-and-filers-hate-sequential-writes/ http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2007/02/10/netapp-ontap-gx-specialized-for-transaction-logging/ and associated links, and especially http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/05/20/system-stats-strategy/ .

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Q:  Dear Dr. Science,I've heard of vicious circles. Do the other