Re: Where can I get the catalog information in target Database

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:36:22 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:
> manjsuha wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>>   Prob: Where can I get the name of the catalog DB from the target DB?
>> I can get the list of registered target databaes information easily
>> from the catalog database views. But the I am unable to get the
>> reverse?
>>
>>   Version: 10g R2
>>
>> Thanks
>> Manjusha
>>

> I'm not sure you can. It is possible for a target db to use more than
> one Recovery Catalog. V$CONTROLFILE_RECORD_SECTION does show that backup
> set information is stored in the control file. You can try dumping the
> control file's contents and checking there,but it may only list the
> backup set name, not the RC that was used when creating the backup set.
>
> HTH,
> Brian

Thanks for your reply because it was 5 in the morning and I totally misread the OP's intent: Sorry Manjusha.

I don't believe it is possible and it is quite possible for a database to be registered in more than one catalog.

Might want to take a look at this:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/rcmcnctg006.htm#sthref462

--
Daniel A. Morgan